My name is Bryony Smith and I am a registered Cranio-Sacral Therapist (RCST) with a qualification in Biodynamic Cranio-Sacral Therapy.
I came across Cranio-Sacral therapy by chance about 15 years ago. Faced with a sudden physical problem someone recommended I try it. I gave it a go and was immediately impressed by its profound impact on my whole system and sense of well-being. Since then I have continued to receive regular treatments which help in reaching deeper levels of my system and positively impact on my whole life and experience in profound and subtle ways.
I also have a Bachelors degree in Psychology and Masters degree in Occupational Therapy. I initially worked in trade union research and then moved to the NHS and began working in Mental Health. I have also worked as a support worker for children with Additional Support Needs. In the NHS I worked with various client groups in different settings, including people with long-term mental health problems and older people with mental health problems. I then moved to a monastery and spent 7 years living as a Buddhist Nun. On leaving the monastery I began training in Biodynamic Cranio-Sacral therapy with Ged Sumner and Steve Haines of Body Intelligence. This included anatomy and physiology as well as the philosophy that lies underneath Cranio-Sacral work.
Please call 07890189757 to book an appointment or discuss how cranio-sacral therapy might help you.
- Working with Babies, Children and Families. Resonance Trainings. January 2014
- The Speech of the Embryo. Japp Van Der Waal, CTET. May 2014
- The Shamanic Body. Conscious Embodiment Trainings. July 2015
- Feather Stone Energy Healing, Levels I &II, Edinburgh Shamanic Centre. September & December 2015
- Case History and Case Report Writing, CSTA. April 2016
- Introduction to Somatic Trauma Therapy. School of Holistic Therapy, Edinburgh. July 2017
- Cranio-Sacral Therapy and the Human Microbiome, CSTA. July 2017