My name is Bryony Smith and I am a registered Craniosacral Therapist (RCST) with a qualification in Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy. I am also trained in Somatic Trauma Therapy.
I came across Craniosacral therapy by chance about 15 years ago. Faced with a sudden physical problem someone recommended I try it. I gave it a go and was immediately impressed by its profound impact on my whole system and sense of well-being. Since then I have continued to receive regular treatments which help in reaching deeper levels of my system and positively impact on my whole life and experience in profound and subtle ways.
I also have a Bachelors degree in Psychology and Masters degree in Occupational Therapy. I initially worked in trade union research and then moved to the NHS and began working in Mental Health. I have also worked as a support worker for children with Additional Support Needs. In the NHS I worked with various client groups in different settings, including people with long-term mental health problems and older people with mental health problems. I then moved to a monastery and spent 7 years living as a Buddhist Nun. On leaving the monastery I began training in Biodynamic Craniosacral therapy with Ged Sumner and Steve Haines of Body Intelligence. This included anatomy and physiology as well as the philosophy that lies underneath Craniosacral work.
Please call 07890189757 to book an appointment or discuss how craniosacral or somatic trauma therapy might help you.
- BSc (Tech) Applied Pyschology, UWIST, Cardiff
- BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy, Oxford Brookes University, Oxford
- MSc Occupational Therapy, Tufts University, Boston, USA
- Diploma in Biodynamic Cranio-Sacral Therapy, Body Intelligence. 2013
- Somatic Trauma Therapy, School of Holistic Therapy, Edinburgh. 2020
- Working with Babies, Children and Families. Resonance Trainings. January 2014
- The Speech of the Embryo. Japp Van Der Waal, CTET. May 2014
- The Shamanic Body. Conscious Embodiment Trainings. July 2015
- Feather Stone Energy Healing, Levels I &II, Edinburgh Shamanic Centre. September & December 2015
- Case History and Case Report Writing, CSTA. April 2016
- Introduction to Somatic Trauma Therapy. School of Holistic Therapy, Edinburgh. July 2017
- Cranio-Sacral Therapy and the Human Microbiome, CSTA. July 2017
Supervision and Professional Registration
I am a Registered member of the Cranio-Sacral Therapy Association.
I am insured through Holistic Insurances.
I am a member of the PVG scheme under Disclosure Scotland and am CRB – Enhanced Disclosure cHecked.
I receive professional supervision.
(Photography by Kwai Lam)