RESEARCH IN SPECIFIC AREAS: Click on the words in blue to get information about the full article.
- http://biodynamichealth.com/craniosacral-research/ – This website lists research looking at the effect of Cranio-Sacral Therapy on various conditions, including autism, neck pain, low back pain, headaches, fibromyalgia, dementia, vertigo, excessive crying in infancy.
- Migraine – Results of a randomized controlled study indicating that Craniosacral Therapy can alleviate migraine symptoms.
- Neck Pain: In this randomized controlled trial, Cranio-Sacral Therapy was found to be both specifically effective, and safe, in reducing neck pain intensity and may improve functional disability and the quality of life up to 3 months after intervention.
- Lower Back Pain (1) (study 2): 2 studies which have examined the effect of craniosacral therapy for patients with lower back pain.
- Fibromyalgia – Anxiety, Depression and Quality of Life:This study found that craniosacral therapy treatment contributed to improved anxiety and quality of life levels for subjects with fibromyalgia.
- Vertigo – a review of articles on cranial bone misalignment and vertigo concluded“that craniosacral therapy is a powerful evaluative and treatment modality for vertigo patients who have not found relief from medical treatments.
ARTICLES ABOUT CRANIO-SACRAL THERAPY
- Dentistry/Orthodontics. Many dentists have also undergone training in Cranio-Sacral Therapy as they recognise the added benefit it can provide to their dental work – either as a complement to or instead of dental procedures.
- Tinnitis. People have found Cranio-sacral therapy helpful in managing symptoms of Tinnitis. This is a nice, easy to read explanation of the ways in which it can help.
- Fibromyalgia. Cranio-sacral therapy has been chosen by people suffering with fibromyalgia as a way to manage symptoms.
VIDEOS ABOUT CRANIO-SACRAL THERAPY IN GENERAL
For some more detail about Cranio-sacral therapy, or if you prefer taking in information by watching or listening to a video take a look at the following:
- Ged Sumner of Body Intelligence provides a detailed introduction to Cranio-sacral therapy (this is about an hour long)
- Steve Haines of Body Intelligence gives a short interview to Malaysian TV about Cranio-sacral therapy
- Ged Sumner is interviewed on the radio describing Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy (you may have to listen to an advert at the beginning!)
WEBSITES ABOUT CRANIO-SACRAL THERAPY
Please note that the websites listed below are not authored by me and, therefore, I hold no responsibility for their content, but I hope that they provide you with useful and interesting information about Cranio-Sacral therapy.
- http://biodynamic-craniosacral.org/ – The website of the International Affilitation of Biodynamic Trainings
- http://www.craniosacral.co.uk/ – The website of the Craniosacral Therapy Association of the United Kingdom
- http://www.craniosacral-therapy-information.org.uk/index.htm – This website provides a large range of information about craniosacral therapy, including videos and testimonials.