I hope that this information will help to reassure you that I am doing everything I can to make you feel welcome, relaxed and safe. It is based on guidance from government, my professional association and my insurance company, of what I need to do in order to be able to return to offering sessions to you.
Before attending your session please check yourself for the following:
- A high temperature
- Persistent cough
- A loss of or change to your sense of smell or taste
- You have not knowingly been in contact with anyone with these symptoms in the last 7 days
If you think you have any of these then I’m afraid I won’t be able to treat you. Likewise, if I show any of these symptoms I will cancel any booked appointments.
Please let me know as soon as possible if you cannot attend. Please note that if you cancel within the 24 hours period prior to the appointment due to concerns about these symptoms, there will be no cancellation charge.
Due to the requirements of guidelines there are now fewer appointments available so letting me know as soon as possible if you cannot attend will mean there is more time to arrange for someone else to have a session.
Craniosacral Therapy involves prolonged and close physical contact, and according to government information this is seen as potentially having an elevated risk of disease transmission. Please be mindful of this in terms of your decision whether to book a session.
With regard to Somatic Trauma Therapy, the clinic room is big enough to allow space to meet physical distance guidelines, although in some cases it may be necessary to be closer during a session. Therefore, prior to STT sessions we can talk on the phone to discuss how we can work in a way that feels safe, comfortable and supportive.
The key points of guidance specific to close contact services from government and professional associations are:
Soap and hand sanitiser will be available for you or feel free to bring your own. I ask that you clean/wash your hands on arrival.
Ventilation and cleaning
My aim has been to make the treatment room both hygienic and as welcoming as possible. This will involve sanitising all surfaces that will be touched, removing any unnecessary ornaments and reading materials. I will have plastic sheeting/washable covers or couch roll on any non-wipeable surfaces. These will then be cleaned or washed or disposed of appropriately between clients. The room will be well ventilated during the treatment and all clients’ appointments will be spaced out to allow for cleaning and further ventilation before the next client arrives.
In-person contact time
Appointments will last a maximum of 60 minutes. I am allowing longer time between clients to allow me to clean and sanitise surfaces and to ventilate the room.
Other hygiene protection
I will have a wipeable apron and face covering and face visor for use during sessions. Please bring your own face covering unless you are exempt.
Extra care when working around the face
For Craniosacral Therapy sessions we can discuss how you feel about my working close to your head and face. I will have a face shield/visor for working in these close contact areas. At this time gloved mouth work will not be something I am able to offer, however, the very nature of our work means that effective therapy can be facilitated at a distance – that is, my intention can be with these areas even if my hands are not.
Please could you:
- Attend on your own where possible – of course there are exceptions for children and those who need assistance
- Arrive only at the time of your appointment and ring the doorbell at the front of the house. I will come and collect you
- Bring your own face covering (unless you are exempt)
- Bring your own water to drink
- Bring your own pen, if necessary
- Feel free to bring your own blanket or cover to go on top of you if desired
- Wash your hands on arrival – either with soap in the bathroom or hand sanitiser – I will provide this if necessary
- Pay online BACS before the session, or with a cheque or cash in an envelope at the time of the session. I am trying to reduce the use of the card machine due to the cost.
My account details for BACS are as follows: Ms B A Smith, sort code: 830608 a/c: 10215539
At all times my wish is to ensure that you feel safe and relaxed – please do let me know if anything concerns you.
What if you don’t feel ready to come to the clinic? ONLINE/DISTANT SESSIONS ARE AVAILABLE
Please also know that if you do not feel ready to attend in person for a session, I will continue to offer both Craniosacral Therapy and Somatic Trauma Therapy online. Just get in touch if you wish to discuss this option further. Those who have engaged in them have found them very helpful. It also means you don’t have to travel.
I look forward to seeing you soon!
AGREEMENT & CONSENT (to be completed at each session)
Please sign here to confirm that:
- you believe yourself to be free of any of the symptoms listed above
- you have not knowingly been in contact with anyone with these symptoms in the last 7 days
- that you understand there are risks of transmission involved with attending the clinic and receiving sessions.
|DATE OF SUBSEQUENT SESSION||Signature To Confirm I Am Free Of The Symptoms Listed Above & Not Knowingly Been In Contact With Anyone With Symptoms In The Last 7 Days|